CISP teaches Czech language classes to students in all grades. In elementary and middle school, students are required to take Czech language, unless they are enrolled in the English language learning (ELL) program. CISP offers Czech classes for foreigners as well as Czech classes designed for native speakers and near-native speakers. In high school, CISP currently offers German and Czech language classes.
Outsourced Language Credits
Christian International School of Prague aims to offer as many high school foreign language classes as possible so that our students will be equipped to fulfill the school’s vision and the philosophy of the foreign language department.
Being limited by space, staff, scheduling issues, and money, CISP is not always able to provide a wide selection of language courses within the school. Some students want to learn more than one foreign language (FL) or want to learn languages not offered at CISP. CISP allows its students to gain their two required high school foreign language credits through different esteemed institutions in Prague under the supervision and guidance of the CISP foreign language department head (DH).
Students may choose from these languages at the following institutions:
- French – Institut Francais Prague – https://www.ifp.cz/
- Italian – Istituto Italiano di Cultura – https://www.iicpraga.esteri.it/
- German – Goethe Institut – https://www.goethe.de/ins/cz/pra/deindex.htm
- Spanish – Instituto Cervantes – https://praga.cervantes.es/cz/
- Russian – Ruské středisko vědy a kultury v Praze – https://rsvk.cz/kurzy/
- Chinese (Mandarin) – Chinese Point – htpps://www.chinesepoint.cz
- Other languages only upon discussion and permission of the Foreign Language Department Head.
To earn credits in this way, students must read all the requirements and fill out the Request for Outsourced Foreign Language credits (link will follow). If all requirements are met, and the class is passed, then the credits earned will be included on the student’s CISP transcript.
The cost of gaining outsourced credits is not included in the CISP tuition. Students must pay separately for the classes and all materials and resources required by the language institutions. Standardized exams are also at students’ own expenses.