Students who are followers of Jesus among the nations expressing their faith by thinking biblically, and loving and serving their communities for Him.
CISP provides, from a biblical perspective, an academically excellent and practically oriented education within a loving community.
- Faith in Christ
- Walking in Truth
- Grace in Community
- Biblical in Worldview
- Learning for a Lifetime
Statement of Faith
In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate, until one day when He will personally return in power and glory.
That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, and indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His Resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and, thus become children of God.
In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
That God created the cosmos and everything in it, and that he continually rules over all of creation. While we believe that there are several viable interpretations of Genesis 1 and 2, we affirm that God directly created the world. We deny that creation came about merely through a naturalistic process of evolution (evolution understood as time plus chance plus natural selection). Specifically, he created human beings in his image, thus endowing them with an immortal soul, an essential dignity, and a special position as stewards over creation. We have been entrusted by God to develop his creation carefully, creatively, and responsibly, in order to glorify God and love other people.
EXPECTED STUDENT OUTCOMES
Signs of maturing CISP Students:
- Trust only in Jesus for salvation and are growing through a personal relationship with him
- See themselves as created in God’s image, marred by sin, redeemed and loved
- Demonstrate Christlike character and behavior
- Display gratefulness and joy in the Lord
- Interpret the world through a biblical worldview
- Evaluate written and spoken words with wisdom
- Speak and write skillfully and graciously
- Practice intellectual virtues: tenacity, courage, humility, carefulness, fair-mindedness and honesty
- Cultivate habits of imagination and inquisitiveness that make life-long learners
- Think critically and creatively and engage in problem-solving
- Are responsible, productive and compassionate members of society
- Apply biblical principles to practical areas of life including money and sexuality
- Care for God’s creation as God-appointed stewards
- Practice justice and mercy with those in physical and spiritual need
- Share their talents and time to serve the community
- Love and respect all people as image bearers of God
- Build a community of grace and handle conflict in a Christ honoring way
- Work collaboratively with others, demonstrating God’s grace
- Share and articulately uphold their beliefs within loving relationships
- Worship and serve in a local Christian church